I’m trying hard to live by Cat Principles.
1- I am glorious above all things
2- Eat when hungry, sleep when sleepy, play when bored
3- Affection is given and received on my terms and only mine
4- Show displeasure clearly.
6- Demand the things you want. If they aren’t given, demand them again, but louder this time.
7- If you are touched when you don’t want to be, say so. If they continue to touch you, make them bleed.
I sometimes want to start a blog where I just talk about how upset my dad made me. Earlier this week, he criticized me for not liking vacations where I’m trapped on a boat for a week.
Ok not trying to derail but I FEEL THIS SO HARD. My dad gets seasick but he likes presenting himself as this great provider whose family never has to worry about money and can do these lavish things (and yes there are times we can afford this and yes hella lucky but like that money would have been much better saved as he lost his job within the month after we returned from the trip (he has since gotten another)). But because of this complex my dad has he decided “trip to Greece and then a cruise to the islands!” and like, cool in theory, but he apparently didn’t know that the day trips were extra soooo we didn’t get to go on most of them and also he has anxiety and so do my mom and 2/3 of the younger generation. So we were trapped on this big ass boat with no one we knew except each other and my dad was coping by getting drunk/disappearing and we were all at the awkward ages where you’re too old for activity A but too young for activity B and there was nothing age appropriate to do and we were STUCK ON THE DAMN BOAT and then it hit rough water and the guy who had control of the loudspeakers thought he was SO FUCKING FUNNY so he played the fucking Titanic song ON REPEAT and I had to explain to my sisters that no, we probably weren’t going to die because they were panicking and where were my fucking parents? IN A GODDAMN BAR ON THE GODDAMN BOAT AND WE DIDN’T KNOW WHAT BAR AND NONE OF US HAD INTERNATIONAL SERVICE ON OUR PHONES SO WE COULD LITERALLY NEVER FIND EACH OTHER ALSO WE COULDN’T FLUSH TOILET PAPER DOWN THE TOILET.
FUCK CRUISES. FUCK THEM SO HARD. BIGASS FANCY EXPENSIVE FLOATING PRISONS.
Omfg "talk about" is a lot cuter than ask me
- 1: Talk about the first time you watched your favorite movie.
- 2: Talk about your first kiss.
- 3: Talk about the person you've had the most intense romantic feelings for.
- 4: Talk about the thing you regret most so far.
- 5: Talk about the best birthday you've had.
- 6: Talk about the worst birthday you've had.
- 7: Talk about your biggest insecurity.
- 8: Talk about the thing you are most proud of.
- 9: Talk about little things on your body that you like the most.
- 10: Talk about the biggest fight you've ever had.
- 11: Talk about the best dream you've ever had.
- 12: Talk about the worst dream you've ever had.
- 13: Talk about the first time you had sex/how you imagine your first time.
- 14: Talk about a vacation.
- 15: Talk about the time you were most content in life.
- 16: Talk about the best party you've ever been to.
- 17: Talk about someone you want to be friends with.
- 18: Talk about something that happened in elementary school.
- 19: Talk about something that happened in middle school.
- 20: Talk about something that happened in high school.
- 21: Talk about a time you had to turn someone down.
- 22: Talk about your worst fear.
- 23: Talk about a time someone turned you down.
- 24: Talk about something someone told you that meant a lot.
- 25: Talk about an ex-best friend.
- 26: Talk about things you do when you're sick.
- 27: Talk about your favorite part of someone else's body.
- 28: Talk about your fetishes.
- 29: Talk about what turns you on.
- 30: Talk about what turns you off.
- 31: Talk about what you think death is like.
- 32: Talk about a place you remember from your childhood.
- 33: Talk about what you do when you are sad.
- 34: Talk about the worst physical pain you've endured.
- 35: Talk about things you wish you could stop doing.
- 36: Talk about your guilty pleasures.
- 37: Talk about someone you thought you were in love with.
- 38: Talk about songs that remind you of certain people.
- 39: Talk about things you wish you'd known earlier.
- 40: Talk about the end of something in your life.
Train of thought read mores 8/20, pt.1
The person I reblogged this from is hella rad
But I am outraged. And if you aren’t outraged, then you aren’t paying attention. This is America in 2014. This is our reality. It’s so easy to get jaded and to ignore these atrocities, to act like this doesn’t affect us. It’s so easy to get apathetic. In the past it was the youth who protested. Where is the rage of the youth? Where is our rage?
Like I said, I am not Mike Brown. But I am outraged. : I am not Mike Brown. (via asgardian-feminist)